Action Septic Service Inc.
ABOUT YOUR HOME AERATION TREATMENT PLANT
DO'S & DONT'S
AVOID THESE ITEMS
- Do Not put any of the following items in your plant or sewage system. They will cause serious damage to the plant's biological process and equipment.
- Plastic, sanitary napkins, scouring pads, condoms, mop strings, "disposable" diapers, towels, lint, rags, etc. These items will collect in your plant and require more frequent pumping.
- Paints, thinner, chemicals, grease, solvents and sanitizer. These kill the good bacteria in your plant.
- Water softener backwash. Route to drainage ditch, storm sewer or downspout drainage system.
- Heavy plumbing cleaners and toilet bowl freshener hang tabs will also kill off the good bacteria in your plant
THINGS TO DO
- Know the location of your control panel and check periodically for alarm conditions
- Keep a record of pumping, inspections, and maintenance
- Practice water conservation to reduce the amount of water going into the aeration system
- Learn the location of your aeration system, avoid constructing patios, decks, and paved surfaces over your system
- Divert roof drains and surface water from your aeration system
- Keep sump pump water and house footing drains away from your aeration system
- Reduce heavy water usage periods by separating dishwashing and laundry from shower time
- If your plant serves as a vacation home or a building in which all occupants will be absent part of the time, the plant should be left running during your absence.
GET TO KNOW YOUR AERATION SYSTEM